PEOPLE’S CLIMATE MARCH & GATHERING – EDINBURGH, 21 SEPTEMBER 2014
This was the first event we organised together, and it was a huge success.
To coincide with the Climate Summit in New York, an international campaign was organised to put pressure on world leaders on 21st September 2014.
In Edinburgh, we brought together almost 3,000 people, a powerful call to action from Scottish civil society.
Here are some images of this event.
This was the People’s Climate March Code of Conduct
Agreed to by the PCM Host Committee on July 17, 2014
To encourage the broadest and most diverse involvement possible, to respect our many communities and the important issues we are supporting, to help create a family-friendly mobilization and to help ensure the safety of all participants, we expect everyone taking part in the People’s Climate March on Sept. 21, 2014 to respect the following agreements:
- We will use no violence (physical or verbal) towards any person.
- We will not destroy or damage property.
- We will promote a tone of respect, honesty, transparency, and accountability in our actions.
- We will not carry anything that can be construed as a weapon, nor possess (or consume) any alcohol or drugs.
- We will all hold each other accountable to respecting these agreements.